Small silver-edged coaster with porcelain insert, presented to Edward R Gordon
THE KINGS HUSSARS
The regiment was renamed in 1830, to mark the coronation of William IV as the 14th (The King’s) Regiment of (Light) Dragoons. The title was simplified in 1861 to the 14th (King’s) Hussars. After service in the First World War, the regiment retitled as the 14th King’s Hussars in 1921, and was amalgamated with the 20th Hussars to form the 14th/20th Hussars the following year.