Waiwhare

1969 School Trip

South Island tour, June 1969, with pupils from Sherenden School

1990 School Photo

Back row left to right: Tony Simons (principal), Nicholas Robinson, Duncan Kay, Jason Goulding, Neil Fountaine, Craig Ayres, Jock Nicholls, Justin Clarke, Michael Ward, Steven Croad, Ben Nicholls, Callum McRae, Andrew Clarke, Brett Gunson
2nd row: Nathan Croad, Campbell Ayres, Simon Wallace, Sophie Lawrence, Suzanne Ward, Nicola Lawrence, Kathryn Paton, Tina Clarke, Amanda McCaslin, Rebecca Ward, Sam McCaslin, Bradley Wallace, Scott Goulding
3rd row: Marion Croad (teacher), Caroline Robinson, Anna Wood, Amanda Robinson,

1991 Rotorua Trip

24-29 November – Senior room trip to Rotorua – climbing Mt Tarawera, 27 November – Duncan Kay, Callum McRae, Michael Ward standing

 

1991 Rotorua Trip

24-29 November 1991 – Senior room trip to Rotorua – at Kawerau Mill

Blacksmith's Workshop, Waiwhare

Blacksmith’s workshop on Waiwhare Station – demolished 2017

Hall Proposal 1955

The hall did not go ahead

Skinning Rabbits

Brothers Frederick and Felix Ward skinning rabbits at Waiwhare

Waikonini Hotel

Waikonini Hotel on the main route from Napier to Kuripapango, in the Waiwhare District – later to become River Road

Waikonini Hotel

Photo caption –

“WAIKONINI HOTEL

W. Jones.   Proprietor

Waikonini Hotel, where the pack teams from the “Inland Patea” transferred their “packets” of wool to the waggons for the final 30 miles to Napier via Tutaekuri River bed and Puketapu.”

[William James Jones, proprietor]

Waiwhare Country Women's Institute

The Waiwhare Country Women’s Institute was established in 1949 and went into final recess about 1995.

Waiwhare Station Buildings

At left, manager’s homestead on Waiwhare Station, built in 1907; white building is shearers’ quarters built for Waiwhare Station, now part of “Wrekin”, owned by the Ward family since the early 1950s.

Waiwhare Station Buildings

Buildings on Waiwhare Station, now part of “Wrekin”, owned by the Ward family since the early 1950s

Waiwhare Station Woolshed

Waiwhare Station woolshed, built in 1907, now part of “Wrekin” (owned by the Ward family from 1948 onwards)

Water-wheel

Water-wheel at Willowford, Waiwhare – part of original wool scouring plant built by David Paton Balfour in the 1870s, then known as Barricade Ford

Willowford Waterfall

Waterfall at Willowford, Waiwhare

Willowford Wool Scouring Plant

Wool scouring plant built by David Paton Balfour at Willowford, Waiwhare

Willowford Wool Scouring Plant

Wool scouring plant built by David Paton Balfour at Willowford, Waiwhare