Hinerua School (originally called Blackburn-Ruahine School) was a sole charge school situated at the base of the Ruahine Ranges about 20 kms from Onga Onga, Hawke’s Bay.
It opened on 12 February 1909 with a roll of 26 pupils and was closed in May 1924 by the Hawke’s Bay Education Board because pupil numbers had fallen to three.
There were four teachers during the fifteen year life of the school:
Miss Ethel Woodham (February – June 1909)
Miss Ada Eggleton (June – December 1909)
Miss Winifred Hall (February – April 1910)
Miss Elizabeth Moore (April 1910 – May 1924)
The Logbook/diary was kept by the teacher.
From Papers Past website