Windsor Park

Beatson's Park Relief Camp

Known as Beatson’s Park after one of the owners of the Riverslea Block
Hastings Borough Council purchased the park and called it Windsor Park in the early 1900s

Windsor Park

Windsor Park

Windsor Park

Windsor Park

Windsor Park

Windsor Park

Windsor Park

Windsor Park

Windsor Park

Windsor Park

Windsor Park

Windsor Park

Windsor Park

Windsor Park

Windsor Park

Windsor Park

Windsor Park

Tents and cars alongside the former Makirikiri Creek at Windsor Park camp ground, 1930s

Windsor Park

Windsor Park, Hastings
Stone bridge over creek built in 1934

In 1912 the Hastings Borough Council purchased just over 40 forty acres of land from JD Beatson. It was called Beatson Park until 1935 when it was re-named Windsor Park to commemorate George V’s Silver Jubilee.

Windsor Park

Windsor Park, Hastings
Stone bridge over creek built in 1934

In 1912 the Hastings Borough Council purchased just over 40 forty acres of land from JD Beatson. It was called Beatson Park until 1935 when it was re-named Windsor Park to commemorate George V’s Silver Jubilee.

Windsor Park 1960

Slide caption – “Windsor Park Christmas 1960”

Windsor Park 1964

Slide caption – “Mother, Christine, Apr 1964”

Windsor Park 1964

Slide caption – “Mother, Christine, Apr 1964”

Windsor Park 1964

Photo Caption – “Windsor Park”

Windsor Park

Slide caption – “Mother – Windsor Park”

Windsor Park

Open air swimming pool at Windsor Park (formerly known as Beatson Park), opened about 1928

Windsor Park

Windsor Park