St Andrew's Presbyterian Church

St Andrew's Bible Society

St Andrew’s Bible Society luncheon

Charles Griffiths from Griffiths Footwear second from left on table by window

St Andrew's Group

Group of women from St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church

St Andrew's Hall

St Andrew’s Hall, 206 Market Street South, Hastings, built in 1935

Large group of Sunday School children and adults in front of hall, probably late 1930s

St Andrew's Hall

St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church Hall, 206 Market Street South, Hastings
Architect Roderick Forbes Campbell and built under his supervision in 1935
Art Deco and Spanish Mission style

St Andrew's Presbyterian Church

St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church was designed by CT Natusch and built in wood on a cement base by JJ Payne to seat 266 at ground level and 108 in galleries. Opened 7 October 1906, it has a 105 foot spire which came down in the 1931 earthquake. Premier Richard J Seddon came to Hastings to lay the foundation stone.

St Andrew's Presbyterian Church

St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, Market Street, Hastings, 1906-1979

Photo taken after the 1931 earthquake as the spire came down in the earthquake and wasn’t re-built

The church was designed by CT Natusch and built in wood on a cement base by JJ Payne to seat 266 at ground level and 108 in galleries. Opened 7 October 1906, it has a 105 foot spire which came down in the 1931 earthquake. Premier Richard J Seddon came to Hastings to lay the foundation stone.

St Andrew's Presbyterian Church Bible Class 1933

St Andrew’s senior bible class, 1933, with Reverend DJA Shaw who was minister from 19 May 1926 to early 1940

———————————————————–

St Andrew’s bible class of young men