Anaroa School Pupils 1906
Original digital file
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Business / OrganisationAnaroa School
Format of the originalGlass plate negative
Written on board – “Anaroa School, Oct 1906”
Photo caption – “Photo By A.W. Longley”
Arthur William Sharland Longley was the teacher/photographer.
Anaroa School was open until 1912, according to “Behind Every School – The History of the Hawke’s Bay Education Board” by Kay Matthews, 1988.
From “Early Stations of Hawke’s Bay” by Miriam McGregor, 1970 – ‘…He [Henry Carlson] also built the Anaroa post office, and the Anaroa school which served the children of his thirty employees. The mill was worked for about eight years…’