Original digital file
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Official photograph of Clive Square, Napier
“NO. 25 CLIVE SQUARE.”
St Patrick’s Catholic Church other side of square on the corner of Dickens and Munroe Streets
Architect: Robert Lamb, designed it in the colonial Gothic style. Built by Bull Brothers in 1894. Sixteen stained glass windows imported from France. The spire rose to 120 feet and could be seen from a long distance. Major restoration began in 1975 and was completed in 1978. Burned to the ground 15 August 1981. – From “Faith-Family and Friends – 150 years of St Patrick’s Catholic Parish Napier, New Zealand, 1859-2009”, by Kathryn D Mooney