Original digital file
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Frimley Homestead, property of James Nelson Williams
“Frimley Homestead, built for Williams’ family in 1894. Destroyed in a spectacular fire 10th March 1950. The house was situated in what is now Frimley Park. At the time of the fire the closest water main was Pakowhai Road and the brigade did not have enough hose to reach the fire.” – from ‘Fighting Flames – A Century of Firefighting in Hastings 1886-1986’ by Russell Kirby, 1986