Hawke’s Bay Electric Power Board
Original digital file
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Hawke’s Bay Electric Power Board building, Eastbourne Street East, Hastings
Built in 1912 by the Hastings Borough Council to supply electricity to the residents and businesses
Architect not confirmed, but possibly Albert Garnett
Reinforced concrete structure, brick, steel truss roof, corrugated iron roofing and timber windows
Purchased by the Hawke’s Bay Electric Power Board in 1935
Not known when decommissioned
In late 2015 Wallace Developments gutted the building and transformed it into a cafe which opened in 2016.
Business / OrganisationHawke's Bay Electric Power Board
LocationEastbourne Street East, Hastings
Format of the originalPhotograph
- Albert Garnett