Original digital file
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Official photograph of Memorial Square, Napier
“MEMORIAL SQUARE NAPIER”
Cenotaph with Trinity Methodist Church, 32 Clive Square East, Napier, behind
Trinity Methodist Church was built in 1876, and is now the only city-centre church to pre-date the 1931 Napier earthquake. It is a fine example of colonial wooden church architecture. The historic organ was built in 1910 by J E Dodd (of Adelaide, Australia); its mechanical ‘tracker action’ has been retained. The church interior was remodelled in 1956, with minor alterations since.
Napier cenotaph, unveiled 9 November 1924