Original digital file
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Hugh Campbell and Hugh McLean Campbell and others outside Poukawa homestead, late 1900s
Hugh Campbell sitting sideways in wicker chair, Hugh McLean Campbell beside him in centre; others unknown.
From Pauline Campbell –
“The first house was built by Hugh Campbell (Hugh McLean Campbell’s father) about 1869
A two-storeyed house was built on the site but it is unclear as to whether this was a new build or an alteration to the original.
This house was inherited by Hugh Campbell’s granddaughter, Margaret (nee Smith), and Tom Lane.
The top storey was demolished in the 1950s.
In the 1970s the house and a small parcel of land was subdivided off and sold.
The current owners are Alex Tylee and Chris Morris.”