St Mary’s Church (Former) Ahuriri Napier 2020
Original digital file
This work is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 New Zealand (CC BY-NC 3.0 NZ).
Commercial UsePlease contact us for information about using this material commercially.
St Mary’s Church (Former), 5 Tu Atu Street (corner of Tu Atu and Coronation Streets), Ahuriri, Napier, 2020
St Mary’s Catholic Church was Napier’s first church. It was originally built in 1859 at Shakespeare Road, dismantled and reassembled at Ahuriri in 1910, closed around the late 1970s, sold by the church and is understood to have been used as a music recording studio for some time before being left empty.