4. The income and property of the Club from whatever source derived shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the Club, except that contributions may be made from the funds of the Club to such charitable purposes as the General Committee from time to time sees fit.
INVESTMENT OF SURPLUS FUNDS
5. The surplus funds of the Club (if any) may be invested in such securities as are approved by the General Committee. Deeds and other documents in connection with the investments shall be prepared by the Solicitor of the Club and certified by him as in order, and shall be taken in the name of the Club, and all dividends and interest arising out of such investments shall go to augment the funds of the Club.
The control, investment and disposition of the funds and property of the Club shall be vested in the General committee provided that any real property shall not, nor shall any part thereof, be mortgaged, sold, substantially altered or added to or disposed of in any way without the sanction of a majority consisting of two thirds of members present at a Special General meeting of the Club called for that purpose.
6. Membership of the Club shall consist of Ordinary and Life members and shall comprise: –
Males of the full age of twenty years or such lower age as may be authorised by the Sale of Liquor Act, 1962 and its amendments or any Acts or Act passed in substitution thereof.
The minimum number of members of the Club shall be fifty members and if at any time the membership of the Club shall be less than fifty members, the Club shall thereupon be wound up in accordance with the Rules and provisions of the Incorporated Societies Act, 1908.
The maximum number of members shall be decided from time to time by the General Committee, and shall not exceed at any time, any such maximum members as fixed by the Licensing Control Commission.
Members shall be entitled to rights and privileges as follows: –
Entry to the Club premises during such hours as may be defined by the General Committee, and the right to hold office in accordance with the Rules of the Club.
ELECTION OF MEMBERS
7. Each candidate for membership shall be nominated and seconded in writing on a form provided for the purpose by two financial members of the Club. The nomination form shall include the christian names, surname, age, residential address and occupation of the candidate and an undertaking that he will abide by the Rules of the Club. The candidate shall deposit, at the time of nomination, such sum as may be directed by the General Committee. The names of candidates shall be posted on the Club’s notice board for three calendar months prior to election.
8. Any objection lodged during the period of posting shall be considered by the General Committee. Election shall be at the first meeting of the General Committee held after the expiration of the said period of three calendar months. The General Committee may admit to membership a candidate as vacancies occur in order of nominations received except that it may give priority to transferees from other Clubs and to sons of members of three years standing.
9. Candidates accepted for membership shall be posted on the notice board for at least one month after acceptance by the General Committee.
10. No member of less than one years standing may either propose or second for nomination any person for membership of the Club.
11. A member may nominate one candidate and second not more than two candidates in any one financial year of the Club.
12. If a candidate wishes to withdraw his application for membership at any time before it has been considered by the General Committee, he may do so and his nomination fee shall be returned in full.
Do you know something about this record?
Please note we cannot verify the accuracy of any information posted by the community.