INVESTITURE AT GOVERNMENT HOUSE, WELLINGTON
MEMORANDUM FOR RECIPIENTS
FRIDAY, 9 NOVEMBER 1979
1. Recipients are required to arrive at Government House (Ballroom Entrance on driveway) between-9.50 a.m. and 10.00 a.m. Car parking will be available in the Grounds
2. Please present the enclosed card on arrival and you will be shown to the rooms where the recipients will be assembled.
3. The procedure at the actual Ceremony is simple and will be explained to you beforehand.
4. Dress for recipients will be:
CIVIL Ladies – Day Dress (Customary to wear hats)
Gentlemen – Morning dress or lounge suit.
NAVY Officers – No. 3
Ratings – No. 1
ARMY Officers – Service Dress, Sam Browne
Other Ranks – Service Dress
AIR FORCE – No. 5 Tropical Service Dress
Service recipients who wish to avail themselves of any Travel Warrants to which they or those accompanying them are entitled, should present this advice to their Unit Administration who would arrange the issue of the Warrants.
5. It is requested that you inform those accompanying you that they should be seated in the Ballroom by 10.25 a.m. and that, after the Ceremony, all present will be received by Their Excellencies and refreshments will be served.
6. After Their Excellencies have received all present, a commercial photographer, Mr J. Hughes, Photo News 1969 Ltd., P.O. Box 11 444 Wellington will be in the Ballroom to take family group photographs at your request. Proofs would be sent to you by Mr Hughes about a week later.