Newspaper Article – Firemen save burning house

Firemen save burning house

Waipukurau firemen were able to save a Mangatarata Station house from extensive damage after a fast response to a call shortly before 8am today.

Waipukurau deputy chief fire officer Peter Searle said: “A few minutes later there would have been major damage and the fire would have been difficult to control.”

The fire was at Charlie Anderton’s home, a relatively new house on Mangatarata Station, where fire spread apparently from a faulty chimney into the adjoining wall and then up into the roof.

Two appliances from the Waipukurau brigade reached the house seven minutes after the call and found the house well alight.

Original digital file

AndertonCH1375_FamilyAlbum_20e.jpg

Non-commercial use

Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 New Zealand (CC BY-NC 3.0 NZ)

This work is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 New Zealand (CC BY-NC 3.0 NZ).

 

Commercial Use

Please contact us for information about using this material commercially.

Tags

Format of the original

Newspaper article

People

Accession number

439539

Do you know something about this record?

Please note we cannot verify the accuracy of any information posted by the community.

Supporters and sponsors

We sincerely thank the following businesses and organisations for their support.