Newspaper Article – New Anglican vicarage consecrated

New Anglican vicarage consecrated

Archdeacon H. E. Rowe, vicar-general of the Diocese of Waiapu, blessed the new St Andrew’s vicarage, Westshore, in the presence of many parishioners and friends.

The archdeacon congratulated the parish on its achievement. The erection of the new vicarage completes the establishment of the headquarters of St Andrew’s parish, Westshore, after the church complex at Ahuriri was sold 3½ years ago.

The vicar of St Andrew’s the Rev. A. B. Pywell, congratulated the builders, A. and B. Homes Ltd, Onekawa, on the excellent standard of workmanship, and thanked all who had helped with the project in any way.

He said that the ground plan of the old Holy Trinity vicarage in Stratford, built in 1892 and now demolished, in which he had lived for some years, was used as a basis for the new St Andrew’s vicarage. The vicarage which is built of permanent exterior materials, will be occupied by Mr Pywell and his family on February 14.

The present temporary vicarage of St. Andrew’s parish on Main Road, Westshore, is being sold.

Original digital file

WalmsleyMJ826_Clippings2_0023a.jpg

Subjects

Business / Organisation

St Andrews Anglican Church, Westshore

Format of the original

Newspaper article

People

  • Reverend A B Pywell
  • Archdeacon H E Rowe

Accession number

420124

Do you know something about this record?

Please note we cannot verify the accuracy of any information posted by the community.

Supporters and sponsors

We sincerely thank the following businesses and organisations for their support.