Waiwhare School 1974 District Map

43 [143] miles to Taihape
To Taihape
Comries
KAWEKA STATE FOREST
Peez   Merrys   Coopers   Jamesons
Forestry H.Q.
TAIHAPE ROAD

Willowford Road
Lands and Survey
Tareha Road
Waiwhare Rd
Private Road to McPhails
Sparks [Sparkes]
Proposed new cottage
McPhails
Thompsons
(Cottage of F. Ward)
Willowford Stream

M. Tolley
Districts original woolshed. Built 1930’s [1906]
F.W. Wards
Old Smithy Shed
Gordons
Cottage of B. Ward
B.C. Wards
WAIWHARE STATION

River Road
Tar seal ends here
Fouintains [Fountaine]
Fountains cottage
RIVER ROAD (metal)
Rabbit Board House
Kays
Carringtons
Whites Cottage
Owen’s (Fountains Cottage)
Smiths Cottage
Smiths
Barnetts

Glenross Road (metal)
MANGAWHARE FARM
B. Tolley
Original Homestead
H. Tolley
Cottage of O. Marshall
McKay
Rabbit Bd. House
Marshall
GLENROSS ROAD
B. Drummond
GLENROSS STATION
Whytes
T. Drummond
Omahaki Road
Hoys
R. Kyle
W. Kyle
OMAHAKI ROAD
Jolls   Until October it was owned by Richards
Lawrences
Neils [Neill]
OMAHAKI STATION
Hales

Napier-Taihape Road
Aurthur’s [Arthur]
Mrs M. Sheild
TAIHAPE ROAD
C. Sheild
30 miles to Hastings
To Hastings & Napier

THE DISTRICT OF WAIWHARE 1974

Designed & Drawn: BG Ward   SL McKay
B.G. Ward   S.L. McKay

Original digital file

WaiwhareSchool3303_1974Map.jpg

Description

Included in time capsule buried in 1974 and unearthed when the school closed in 1996

Business / Organisation

Waiwhare School

Date published

1974

Format of the original

Handdrawn map

Accession number

502433

Do you know something about this record?

Please note we cannot verify the accuracy of any information posted by the community.

Supporters and sponsors

We sincerely thank the following businesses and organisations for their support.