IN THE MATTER of the Town and Country Planning Act 1953
IN THE MATTER of an application under Section 35 by MRS E.I. MARTIN for consent to a specified departure from the provisions of the Hawke’s Bay County District Planning Scheme.
BEFORE THE HAWKE’S BAY COUNTY COUNCIL exercising its powers pursuant to Section 35 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1953.
Crs. M.E. Groome (Chairman), L.J.R. Tucker, G. Lassen,
Crs. M.R. Renton, W.C. Ellis, J.B. Wills, D.A. Cockburn,
Crs. A. Bullock, A.F. Mackenzie, D.R. Orton.
Hearing at Napier on the 14th day of April 1969.
UPON RECEIVING the recommendation of the Council’s Planning Sub-Committee which on the 31st day of March 1969 considered the application of Mrs E. I. Martin filed herein and heard Mr. Von Dadelszen, Counsel for the Applicant, and BEING SATISFIED:
1. That the provisions of Regulation 32 of the Town and Country Planning Regulations 1960 have been duly complied with.
2. That a letter concerning the application was received from the Hawke’s Bay and East Coast Aero Club (Inc).
The Hawke’s Bay County Council HEREBY CONSENTS subject however to the conditions set out below to a specified departure from the provisions of the Hawke’s Bay County District Planning Scheme by permitting the applicant to erect on Lot 9 on D.P. 11871 Block XIV Heretaunga S.D. a Pottery Workshop, a Kiln Shed, and a Potters Kiln provided the rural character of the site is maintained as proposed and provided that no persons other than the applicant and her husband are employed in the manufacture of pottery articles on the site and subject also to the following conditions:
1. That all buildings used in connection with the Pottery are sited at least 100 feet from the road boundary and 30 feet from the side boundaries:
2. That the Pottery Workshop (including any display area) shall be a single storey building having a total floor area of not more than 1000 sq.ft:
3. That the Kiln Shed in which the Potters Kiln is to be installed shall be a single storey building substantially without walls having a total floor area of not more than 200 square feet:
4. That the chimney of the said Kiln shall not exceed 40 feet in height:
5. That no buildings shall be erected on any part of the property which is subject to the height restrictions delineated on D.P. 11871.
6. That only pottery articles made on the site are displayed:
7. That only one sign board not exceeding 2 sq.ft. in surface area be permitted.
Dated at Napier this 17th day of April 1969.