Photo Caption – Administration and Research – Napier
Photo Caption – Routine moisture testing by electronic equipment is essential in maintaining the superior smoking qualities of fine tobaccos.
Photo Caption – Preparation of tobaccos for the continuing advanced research on low tar cigarettes at Rothmans Research Laboratory.
Photo Captions –
1. A battery of high speed cigarette making machines at the Company’s Napier plant.
2. The latest equipment packs over 4,000 cigarettes a minute into the familiar hingelid boxes.
3. Express despatch ensures that cigarettes reach smokers in factory fresh condition.
4. Close co-operation with Rothmans many suppliers ensures a consistently high quality of all materials.
5. Advance planning keeps pace with constantly changing trends and developments.
6. Design and package development studio.
7. The Company is noted for its attractive advertising and sales promotional material.
Continuing research plays a vital part in a progressive tobacco business and Rothmans are world leaders. A team of highly qualified tobacco chemists and technicians work exclusively on the development of new technology and methods which will be needed to produce cigarettes and other tobacco products to meet the smoking preferences of tomorrow.
Rothmans dedication to advanced research has produced many firsts in the New Zealand market and is a corner stone of the Company’s strength and progress.
The best of products call for the best of marketing. The Company’s 16,000 wholesale and retail clients throughout New Zealand are serviced regularly by a large team of salesmen and saleswomen. Rothmans trained in every